Narberth is a town in Pembrokeshire, Wales. It was founded around a Welsh court, but later became a Norman stronghold on the Landsker Line. It became the headquarters of the hundred of Narberth. It was once a marcher borough. George Owen described it in 1603 as one of nine Pembrokeshire "boroughs in decay". Narberth is a mile south of the A40 trunk road (on the A478) and benefits from a railway station on the line to Tenby and Pembroke. Attractions in the town include several art galleries, the Narberth Museum, the former town hall which still houses the cell where the leaders of the Rebecca Riots were imprisoned and a ruined castle. Narberth is well known for its range of independent shops, including a Daily Telegraph sponsored 'Best Traditional Business', national award-winning butcher, women's boutiques, gift shops and has developed a reputation as an antiques center.